Birding look & listen
The Hluhluwe iMfolozi Park is a prime birding destination known to support more than 400 bird species.
The Hluhluwe iMfolozi Park is a prime birding destination, home to over 400 bird species, a number that represents close to half of the species found in the southern African sub-region – of which 16% are recognised as red data species. This number also includes some important populations and species of birds that have suffered outside of extensive protected areas like the park. The bird diversity within the park can be attributed to the variety of habitats in this area, from the ﬂood plains to the riverine thickets, dams, woodlands, vleis and open savannah. Migratory birds arrive around September/October and depart around February/March.
- Home to over 400 species of birds
- Big diversity and variety of habitats
- Gorgeous Bushshrike often seen
- Birding forms part of our normal game drives.
- We offer the option to hire your own Private Vehicle & guide which is charged additionally and needs to be booked in