as seasons change
ROOM RATES INCLUDE
Accommodation, all meals, 2 game drives per day and a Mpembeni Community Walk/Drive
ROOM RATES EXCLUDE
Flights, road transfers, park fees, Isibindi Foundation Levy, drinks, gratuities, items of a personal nature, laundry, guided game walks & spa treatments
PARK FEES & TRANSFERS
01 August 2023 - 31 July 2024
|Park fees per day - Adult & Child 13 years+ (SADC Residents)||R 140|
|Park fees per day - Child 3-12 years (SADC Residents)||R 70|
|Park fees per day - Adult & Child 13 years+ (Non SADC Residents)||R 280|
|Park fees per day - Child 3-12 years (Non SADC Residents)||R 140|
|Land transfer from King Shaka International Airport - Durban (1 way)||R 2 700|
|Land transfer from Thonga Beach Lodge - Sodwana Bay pick up point (1 way)||R 1 850|
|Land transfer from Kosi Forest Lodge (Manguzi pick up point)||R 2 000|
|Land transfer from St Lucia||R 1 300|
|Isibindi Foundation Levy (charged per night per person over 13 years)||R 100|
ACTIVITIES & EXTRAS
01 August 2023 - 31 July 2024
|Rhino Ridge Game Walk *||R 590|
|Private Vehicle||R 6 810|
|Childminding per childminder per hr **||R 120|
|Light lunch on day of arrival||R 225|
* subject to availability
** Min 4 hrs (confirm 24 hrs prior)
- SINGLE SUPPLEMENT: PLUS 30%
- We have a minimum 2 night stay policy year round.
- RATES INCLUDE: accommodation, all meals, two game drives per day and a Mpembeni community drive/walk.
- RATES EXCLUDE: flights, transfers, park fees, Isibindi Foundation levy, drinks, gratuities, items of a personal nature, guided game walks in the Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Park and spa treatments
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- Only Children of 6 years and older may go on safari drives.
- If you wish to take children under the age of 6 years on safari drives you need to pre-book a private safari vehicle through our reservations department. This is at an additional cost.
- Special kiddies safari drives are available from 10am-12pm for children under 6 years (no additional charge).
- All children must be accompanied on all safari drives by a guardian adult.
- Babysitters are available and need to be booked 24 hours in advance.
Park Fees & Transfers
- Park fees are charged per person per night.
- Transfer rates quoted on a one way trip with a minimum charge for 2 persons.
- Should a road transfer necessitate that the driver spends a night at the lodge the driver's accommodation at the lodge is not included in the transfer rate.
- The transfer rates are one way except where noted.
- The minimum charge for land transfers is the single rate x 2, even if only 1 pax is travelling the charge will be calculated on 2 pax travelling.
- If a guest is travelling alone and other guests are booked on the same transfer, then the single supplement will be waivered. However if the guest ends up being the only person booked on the transfer due to other guests changes, then the single supplement charge will be incurred which is double the single rate.
- These net rates include VAT where applicable.
- The vehicles are air-conditioned except 4x4 vehicles which are open.
- Transfer rates exclude park entrance fees.
- The latest pick up time from Richards Bay is 15h30.
- All transfers need to be booked three days prior to travelling.
- All rates quoted are subject to change, without prior notice.
- Our standard cancellation policy applies to transfers.
Activities & Extras
- Rhino Ridge Game Walk: Children under 14 years are not permitted. Children 14-15 years must be accompanied by 1 parent/guardian. Children 16 years & older allowed on walks without a parent/guardian. Min 2 pax max 4 pax per ranger. +- 3 hours am/pm. Walks are subject to availability.
- Private Vehicle: for guide & vehicle for 1 morning & 1 afternoon/evening game drive.
- Mpembeni Community Walk: Min 2 pax & subject to guide availability. A picturesque guided trail winding through Zulu homesteads where, despite modern appearances, folk still live in a traditional manner. Grass weaving, cattle herding and traditional crops for food and medicines remain part of the culture.
- A medical certificate of fitness is required for people of 65 years & older wishing to take part in any of our walking activities.
t + C's
We have added special provisions to our booking terms and conditions to make allowance for changes due to COVID-19. Please view our booking terms and conditions for details.
MINIMUM STAY POLICY
- 2 night minimum stay year round at Rhino Ridge Safari Lodge, Thonga Beach Lodge, Kosi Forest Lodge and Tsowa Safari Island.
- 3 night minimum stay from 15 December to 15 January at Thonga Beach Lodge.
- In order to conﬁrm your booking, a 50% deposit must be paid within 2 working days of making the booking.
- By confirming your booking and paying the deposit you also agree to our terms and conditions which then becomes binding.
- We reserve the right to cancel and release a booking if the 50% deposit is not paid within 2 working days.
- The balance of the booking is payable at the lodge prior to departure from the lodge together with all sundry and incidental charges incurred at the lodge.
- We adhere strictly to the cancellation policy as stipulated below due to the fact that we run small lodges in remote locations and cancellations, even of just two people, can have a signiﬁcant effect on the operations of the lodges.
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR NON COVID-19 REASONS
Applicable to all confirmed reservations, except groups
Cancellations must be received in writing via email to [email protected]. Such written cancellation received:
- More than 60 days prior to the due date of arrival will attract a 10% cancellation fee of the full accommodation charge.
- 30 -59 days prior to the due date of arrival will attract a 25% cancellation fee of the full accommodation charge.
- 7 -29 days prior to the due date of arrival will attract a 50% cancellation fee of the full accommodation charge.
- Less than 7 days prior to the due date of arrival will attract a 90% cancellation fee of the full accommodation charge.
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR COVID-19 REASONS
Applicable to all conﬁrmed reservations, except groups
Valid cancellation must be received in writing via email to [email protected]. Such written cancellation received:
- More than 48 hours prior to the due date of arrival will receive 100% refund of the full accommodation charge.
- Within 48 hours of the due date of arrival will receive 90% refund of the full accommodation charge. The balance of 10% will be held as a credit against future bookings.
- Should a guest cancel for any of the COVID-19 reasons stipulated below during their stay, they will receive a credit for 50% of the unused nights, to be used against future bookings.
- If a guest cannot take up their booking due to a COVID-19 reason as stipulated below they may postpone their booking for up to 2 years from date of original travel. The original rate charged will be honored provided the booking falls within the same season. If a booking for a low season period is postponed to a high season period, the guest will be charged the difference between the low season and high season rate as at the time of the initial booking. 3rd party charges e.g. park fees and road transfers will be charged at the rate as at the date of travel.
Services provided by 3rd parties may be subject to the cancellation policy of the service provider.
ACCEPTED COVID-19 REASONS FOR CANCELLATION
The COVID-19 cancellation policy will apply should a guest or someone in their immediate family:
- Contract COVID-19 within 10 days of arrival.
- Be prohibited from travelling to our lodges by the relevant government due to COVID-19 regulations.
- Be advised by a medical practitioner not to travel due to the risk imposed by COVID-19 and pre-existing medical conditions of the guest.
We reserve the right to request proof of a positive COVID-19 test result and/or any reasonable evidence and supporting documentation including medical certificates for any of the abovementioned reasons.
- All bank deposits are to be received free of any bank charges or commissions.
- All credit card payments by agents for accommodation will have a 3% surcharge, except AMEX & DINERS which have a 5% surcharge.
It is the guest’s responsibility to ensure that they have full comprehensive travel, medical and vehicle insurance. It is the guest’s responsibility to
ensure that their insurance covers any cancellation fees that may arise. Isibindi Africa Lodges will not accept responsibiltiy for any losses
VAT & LEVIES
Rates include VAT. Rates exclude the Isibindi Foundation levy and park fees.
SPECIALS & DISCOUNTS
No specials or discounts can be combined.