YOUR DREAM BUSH WEDDING
Enjoy every minute of your ultimate bush wedding in one of Africa’s oldest proclaimed game reserves, Hluhluwe iMfolozi Park. Rhino Ridge Safari Lodge is the only private lodge within the park, and an intimate wedding here is unlike any other. Wherever you look, you’re surrounded by the African bush, and all its wonderful creatures will bear witness as you begin your life together.
There are a few site options available to you for the setting of your wedding ceremony:
- Function Room Deck
- *As a bad weather backup there is the offer of a marquee
- Quotes are available on request. Hiring of the marquee needs to be confirmed one month prior to the wedding date
- Various other lodge locations (open for discussion if a small group and/or exclusive lodge use)
Options that are available for the wedding reception include:
- The main lodge dining area (exclusive use of the lodge)
- The functions room
- Our Boma - the boma is an outdoor setting, therefore this option is weather-dependent
Locations for photography sessions are seasonal.
Some suggestions would include:
- Around the lodge
- Function room
We offer a fully licensed bar. No cash bar facilities.
Options for Accounts:
- Full bar no limit: All beverages to your account
- Full bar monetary limit: Once limit is reached, then beverages go to individual guest accounts
- Own account: All drinks charged to individual guest accounts
- Kindly confirm your bar request and wine selection a month prior to your wedding
Apply to those items pre-arranged and holding written consent from lodge management.
- No other spirits or beverages may be brought onto the property for consumption
Our Wedding Menu has a great variety of options. Please enquire to view the menu selection.
- Post Ceremony Gathering - platters of snacks to circulate the room
- Reception - plated starters, main and dessert
Please Note: We are happy to assist with quotes on any specific changes you would like to make to our standard menu offerings
WEDDING PACKAGE Please note that the wedding package rate below is based on the premise that the bridal couple will enjoy a minimum of a 3 night stay at the lodge.
|ROOM CATEGORY||MAY 2019 - JUL 2019||AUG 2019 - APR 2020||MAY 2020 - JUL 2020||AUG 2020 - APR 2021|
|Honeymoon Villa||R 25 020||R 29 940||R 27 000||R 32 340|
|Luxury Bush Villa||R 22 020||R 27 120||R 23 820||R 29 280|
|Safari Room||R 15 420||R 20 280||R 16 680||R 21 900|
- 3 nights for 2 people in a room of choice
- All meals and 2 safari drives per day
- Rhino Ridge - 1 bottle sparkling wine, private dinner, presentation box of chocolates and romantic turndown
- All drinks, park fees, additional activities, items of a personal nature, travel insurance, transport & gratuities
- Guided walks
|VENUE HIRE||MAY 2019 - JUL 2019||AUG 2019 - APR 2020||MAY 2020 - JUL 2020||AUG 2020 - APR 2021|
|Exclusive lodge use**||R 28 000||R 30 500||R 30 500||R 32 500|
|Non exclusive lodge use - Max 10 Guests||R 17 000||R 18 500||R 18 500||R 20 000|
** Max 36 guests. All rooms in lodge must be booked
- Set up of the venue according to your preference
- Tables and chairs for seating of up to 36 people for the reception
- Cutlery, crockery, glassware, cream tablecloths and cream linen serviettes
- Romantic turndown on wedding night with sparkling wine for bridal couple
- Neck and shoulder relaxation massage to tame the wedding jitters at our spa for the bridal couple. To enjoy prior or post wedding celebration*
- Non alcoholic beverage during post ceremony photo shoot*
- Both beverage and massage are not transferable to cash
- Beverages - see beverage section for more details on payment options
- Accommodation - as quoted through reservations
- Wedding cake - we have a list of recommended cake suppliers
- Minister - we are able to arrange a minister if you require
- PA and sound systems - as per quote provided upon request
- Hair, makeup and flowers - we have a list of recommendations
- Babysitting - as per lodge rates sheet
- Spa treatments - refer to the lodge spa menu
- All external service providers will be for your account
- Courier expenses of documentation to country of origin, minister, registration, minister’s travel and accommodation costs
• Samson’s Zulu Dancers: R2500 per hour
• Rhino Ridge Choir: R1000 per hour
LATE NIGHT CLOSING
• R1500 or part thereof is charged for using the lodge facilities after 22h00
• Closing Time - 24h00 no later
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Reservations will only be confirmed on receipt of venue fee.
- A breakage deposit of R3000.00 will be payable fourteen days prior to the function, which is refundable seven days after the function if no damages have occurred. Any damage to the lodge property including linen, beyond reasonable wear and tear, will be charged accordingly. Linen that is damaged by wax, red wine, ink or burnt will be charged at replacement cost. As will any other items.
- All accounts including bar limits and any other pre-arranged expenses are to be settled in full fourteen days prior to the function. Any additional outstanding amount must be settled on the day of the function. Extras not on the original invoice are to be settled on departure. Isibindi Africa Lodges reserves the right to deny services should accounts not be settle on time.
- All prices, terms and conditions quoted are subject to change provided that the client is informed of such changes at least thirty days prior to a reserved booking.
- We require notification of the confirmed number of guests who will be attending, at least thirty days prior to the function. Any reduction in the numbers after this time will be invoiced for. If more guests arrive than the original number agreed upon and paid for, the client will be charged accordingly.
- No amendments in rooming or the programme can be made from seven days prior to arrival.
- A maximum of 36 guests will be allowed at the venue (with the exception of children sharing accommodation with adults which will need to be confirmed with management). Management reserves the right to restrict entry should this number be exceeded. Right of admission is reserved at all times.
- All set-ups for the wedding can only commence on the wedding day no earlier than 12h00.
- No paper confetti or streamers. You are welcome to use dried flower petals but please ensure that no exotic flower seeds are present amongst the petals. If any confetti types are used, in contravention of this agreement, the client will be charged per hours for casual cleaning staff. Please note this can be a major problem with an outdoor venue and on a windy day.
- No fireworks will be allowed and sound levels will be controlled to an agreed limit.
- Floor Plan - please confirm your floor plan 14 days prior to the wedding date.
- No food or beverages may be brought onto the premises for consumption without written consent from the Lodge Management otherwise a surcharge will be levied.
- Wine and other beverages will be served as per the listed option in the Food and Beverage section.
- No day visitors are allowed to attend wedding functions due to Park Regulations.
- All functions on the premises must be ended by no later than 24h00.
- Any décor, furnishings, flower vases or any other items not belonging to, or arranged by Isibindi Africa Lodges must be collected within 24 hours after completion of the wedding. The lodge will dispose of any items not collected.
- Isibindi Africa Lodges reserves the right to cancel any booking forthwith and without liability on its part in the event of any damage or destruction of the venue by fire or any other cause, any shortage of labour or food supplies, strikes, lockouts, or industrial unrest, or any cause beyond the control of Isibindi Africa Lodges, which shall prevent it from performing obligations in connection with any bookings in its establishment.
- Neither Isibindi Africa Lodges nor its agents or employees shall be liable for any damage or loss, which may be caused, to any of the goods of the customer or invitees howsoever caused. The customer further indemnifies and holds harmless the lodge against any claim that may be made against Isibindi Africa Lodges by any third party relating to the provisions above.
- Whilst every precaution will be taken to safeguard your belongings, Rhino Ridge Safari Lodge and Isibindi Africa will not be liable for any loss or damage to any property including décor, props, wedding gifts and valuables.
- Agreement to changes of the above conditions will only be valid if in writing by both parties.
- SMOKING REGULATION - Kindly note that legislation prohibits smoking in public areas other than in a designated smoking area which is separated from the rest of the public area and is outside.
- Please note our cancellation policy printed on your booking confirmation.